Monday, May 08, 2006

SCENE 2: get your facts straight?

(Ross)
Dear Mr. Loucks,
All along I thought our little blog project was about co-operation, friendship and small ponies, but now I see that the writing’s on the wall and it has some expletives and harsh language in it. ‘My faithful,’ is that what I heard you say? It’s good to know that when push comes to shove, you don’t differentiate between friend and foe…you would shove everyone into the abyss with equal vigor. So here we are, brother Cain, this is the crossroads that you’ve brought us to and it seems much like the corner you wrote Ross and Jeff Industries into in the first place. Explain thy words, o yea with delusions of grandeur, and reap what thou hast sown.
Kind regards,
Mr. Lockhart

(Jeff)
Come on now Ross, aren’t we being a little extreme about my poorly worded comment? You must understand that I didn’t intend to claim any of our fans as my own and I meant nothing derogatory towards your work in this project. Just as you have proven, the written word has the danger of becoming misconstrued. This is a group effort and I assure you there is no knife or dinner fork lodged in your back… However, I do find your quick disgust over such an innocent misunderstanding almost insulting. What are you saying? That anyone who thinks that I might have some fans of my own is delusional and needs to have a slice of your humble pie? Well, you know what? I might just have a few fans of my own. Get a load of my score on the comment section.

(Ross)
Sir/Madam,
So it’s my interpretation of events that is to blame for this quandary and not the Freudian professions of your massive ego? Well, I think I’ve had quite enough of your helping yourself to my pies! Not content with stabbing me in the back with a knife, fork, spoon or any one of the many kitchen utensils you’ve still yet to master, you now have the gall to say I brought this on myself? Well, brother Romulus, it seems you’ve outdone yourself once again. And outdone me and everyone else, or so you believe. This was once a group effort as you pointed out, but that time has now passed. Alas, a sad day has befallen us…This day, the foundations of our stable democracy have crumbled under the tyrannical powerlust of one who played so small a part in its creation. Overwhelmed by the weight of one man’s self-glorification and desire for ultimate authority, our fragile and harmonious egalitarian structure will surely buckle. To keep scores of popularity from the comments section is to undermine everything we’ve strived to achieve through co-operation. And by my count, you’re trailing by one.
Sincerely,
Mr. Lockhart

(Jeff)
What? … Wait… What? Did you just insult my mother?... Whatever. I finally see pretentiousness rearing its ugly little head from those dark and disturbed recesses of your jaded mind. You think you’ve single-handedly carried Jeff and Ross Industries this far, do you? The reason I kept score was because I had the feeling it would come down to this one day, but I would never have guessed that you would consider your coat-tails so long. If this is the way you want it, then let’s have it. The collaboration is finished; I’m going solo. You don’t need me?! I don’t need you! That’s it!… I’ll post shit myself…. Did you say we have pie?


(Ross)
To whom it may concern,
I find your terms acceptable.
In Hell’s dark chasms shall we again glance upon one another….(that’s ‘Go to Hell,’ in case you were having trouble with the words with more than two syllables).
Mr. Lockhart {founder, president and sole proprietor of Ross and Jeff Industries}

(Jeff)
Fine! But for one thing it’s been called ‘Jeff and Ross Industries’ since our first posting, and for another, I want my thesaurus back.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you guys finally come to blows (bad choice of words, I know) with a broken irn-bru bottle, i would reccomened getting a webcam and setting up a live telecast. I'd watch it...wouldn't tell you who I was rooting for though. mwaha

2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Intresting you would bring up Freud and then mention pies,stabbings from behind, and "massive" egos....Let's undress the words and talk about what's really going on in that cozy little one-bedroom passion palace, shall we?

3:39 PM  
Blogger jeff and ross said...

(Jeff)
Excellent detective work there Lana! You are correct to believe that we do subscribe to Psychology of Grandiose Pastries and Back Problems Monthly. It has taught us every thing we know about about these fields AND it comes with a challenging colouring book every month of July..... Wait a minute..... Are you suggesting something here? Are you saying that our apartment is too small?Well you can go straight to hell Lana. Straight to hell!

8:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Bite your tongue!"
Why Mr. Loucks i do believe that you may be able to sting Ross with your venomous words but i would think twice about poisoning others with your vicious comments. You may wake up one day to find your precious cat has gone astray and to your shock and horror all the condiments in your fridge have vanished with him!

11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jeff...I like you, even if you did call me a whore on the phone tonight. I'm going to eat this 500ml ice cream container and a microwave rising crust pizza, then go out and find a guy to have casual sex with and make him brush my hair while I cry after.

Hey Ross, I heard you sleep in the corner. I will be taking photos of this in a few weeks when I come to visit. Please clear the house of all things containing beans.

2:28 AM  
Blogger Wanderlusting said...

I would also appreciate it if you cleared the house of all beans...those perogies don't help either

10:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What did perogies ever do to you? They just mind their own business and don't hurt anyone...you need to pick on something worth being picked on!
While i'm on the subject, the word 'Travelled' is spelt with 2 L's!

9:51 PM  
Blogger jeff and ross said...

(Ross)
Perogies hurt me once...I slipped on one in the supermarket one time. Thank God it was still in the freezer at the time, otherwise i might've done serious damage to myself.

10:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those weren't perogies. That was a bomb sent by terrorists to blow up the Lower Mainland. By you stepping on it, it malfunctioned the countdown and had no other choice but to self-destruct.
How does it feel to have single-handedly save the world?
I know i'm grateful!

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>